Tips to keep your belongings safe during transport and storage and save space.
- Using good packing material and padding are key when moving your belongings. It’s much cheaper to use good packaging material than to replace things that break. We sell a range of packing supplies to help you. These can be collected from our storage facilities in Sydney or Melbourne, or delivered directly to you. See our range of boxes and supplies that can be purchased online or call us on 1300 880 800.
- Please use the loading ramp supplied to load your belongings into your Smartbox. The ramp is stored under the SmartTrailer and can be placed over the ramp lock on the SmartTrailer.
- Plan your loading before you start. It will be quicker and less tiring for you and safer for your belongings.
- Start loading your Smartbox with heavy appliances and load them on the floor against the far wall of the storage unit. Put heavy items on the floor towards the rear of the storage unit where the sign states “please store heavy items here”. Save the space above for lighter items.
- Furniture should be up off the floor. Long pieces of furniture (e.g. sofas and tables) can be stored along the sides of the Smartbox. If they are small enough, they can be stood on end and secured into place with other large, heavy items.
- Ensure lighter items and boxes marked “fragile” are stored on top. Secure them to the eyelets that can be found inside the Smartbox using bungies or ties. Load all your belongings as tightly as possible to reduce shifting, rubbing and puncturing during transit.
- When packing the storage unit, be generous with moving pads, blankets and padding. Place cardboard under anything that could get scuffed or soiled if placed directly on the floor of the Smartbox.
- Remember to use pillows, stuffed toys and moving pads as well as additional bubble wrap or padding to fill all gaps and spaces.
- Remember to padlock your Smartbox on the two latches provided before you close the SmartTrailer!
There are some items which you are prohibited from storing in a Smartbox. Click on the link to see our list of prohibited items, or you can contact us for more information about prohibited items.