Children need to have a sense of belonging and to feel loved. Holidays provide the perfect opportunity to connect with family and develop those strong bonds that will last for a lifetime. With the holiday season right around the corner, it is the best time to start planning and finding ways to make the most of the holidays.
Arts and crafts are a fun and creative way to spend time with the family. An ideal way to encourage self-expression is to work together and help each other out. Some easy activities to incorporate during the Easter holidays are:
- An Easter Hunt is an easy, fun filled activity for children of all ages.
- Egg Bowls – find a flat surface and use fake eggs to knock down water bottles.
- Use a burlap sack to get the children to race to the finish line. Get creative and add bunny tails to the sack and bunny ears for the children.
- Host an egg and spoon race.
- Get the little ones to colour outlines of Easter eggs.
- Fill plastic eggs with slips of paper that either have a “truth” question written on them, or some kind of dare and challenge each other.
Cooking together also is not only a fun activity, it is also is a great way teach the children to cook and for the whole family to enjoy a meal or snack together. Some easy baking ideas to try out:
- Cookies in the shape of Easter eggs
- Chocolate chip bunny cupcakes
- Easter egg brownies
But this might even be the best time to get organised and store away your summer clothes and any rarely used items. Get everyone in the family to identify a dozen or two items they won’t be using for a while and together you can pack up and store them away in a SmartBox. SmartBox will drop a mobile unit to your doorstep and take it away when you are all done. Call them when the next summer comes around and when you need your summer gear. SmartBox will bring the mobile storage unit back to you.